Remediate the Mold

Remediate the Mold

This Tuesday we were contacted by Tim a home owner in Los Angeles whose rental property had mold. Tim informed us that the mold issue was in the hallway leading to the home’s garage and earlier this year he had contracted a company to remediate the mold. Months later his tenant was calling him to inform him that the mold had spread into the garage and it was affecting her health and her family’s health as well. Tim came across our $85 assessment ad online and decided to call us, we conducted our initial investigation via telephone and scheduled an appointment for the following morning. Once at the property we meet with Tim and Emma the tenant, who lead us to the hallway that had been treated. To our surprise the portion of the wall had been removed and never repaired but there was no visible mold nor moisture present. Tim then asked us to assess the garage, the moment the door was opened we could smell mildew. Upon stepping foot in the garage, we could see mold and water damage throughout. We could tell this property had multiple plumbing leaks including one from the water heater. Tim hadn’t been to the property since the first repairs were conducted so he was in shock when he saw the severity of the situation and requested a bid to remediate the mold once and for all. We present Tim with our plan of action and the bid and he hired us right on the spot to begin the remediation. The first step that needed to be taken was addressing the multiple leaks because moisture is what causes mold to grow. Once the leaks were fixed then we addressed the mold, we closed off access to the garage and do to the extent of the mold contamination the drywall and ceiling materials had to be taken off and disposed of. Then, we dried out the garage thoroughly with special equipment. Once no moisture was present and the affected areas had been treated we placed non-contaminated drywall and ceiling materials back. We then decided to conduct air samples in the garage and upstairs bedroom to ensure that there were no mold spores in the air.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *